Monday, October 29, 2018

Final Project Proposal

For my final project, I plan to create three audio segments centering women and their issues with media. Topics will include natural hair representation in the media, black businesses, things learned the hard way, health as well as relationships and technology - although the range of topics may change depending on current events. Each segment will last between 10-15 minutes.


In addition to the audio segments, each segment will include a poem written by a panelist about their experience. The guests on the podcast will be friends of mine from different professional fields so that we can have a diverse discussion.

I want to use my skills in audio editing to create something that have women’s voices are at the forefront. The topics discussed are important to me and I’m sure that just having a discussion about some of these things will bring information and comfort others who may have felt the same or thought about some of these things themselves but dismissed it as an afterthought and unimportant.

The audio will be uploaded to SoundCloud for publishing and distribution as well as posted on a blog accompanied with the poems. This project fits into my portfolio of work because as a media maker, I’ve created audio projects in the past and know that I’ll be able to successfully execute it. After this semester, this project may be able to develop into a podcast.

References



No comments:

Post a Comment