Wednesday, October 31, 2018

My Final Project Proposal



For my final project, I am going to make a picture book about advertisements in the USA. I am a studio art major and media minor and I thought it would be great if I combine my drawing in my own book with the subject of advertisements in the USA. So far, my favorite subject was the advertisements and its problems in the USA. This is for all women who are suffering from the advertisements and media idealizing women as objects and photoshopped looks. I will draw the drawing by myself and I am planning to upload my book on online book website (Kobo, Lulu). This project fit into my portfolio of work because this is the subject that we are learning in class and I am highly dedicated to drawings.
I will address the problems we have in America advertisements, such as racism, sexism, and power hierarchies, and I will also add positive movements in advertisements. For example, the movement that young ladies had with advertisements in Kilbourne’s video inspired me a lot so I will definitely include that. I will also add my personal experiences and feelings that I got from the USA advertisements.

2 comments:

  1. I think that the topics that you want to cover. It might be a lot for one project, but the online book idea is fabulous. I definitely recommend adding a positive aspect to advertising or how it has progressed to become a slightly more positive business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a ripe topic in terms of feminist issues, and that's so cool that you will be doing your own drawings-will you be creating your own pretend ads, or drawing interpretations of existing print/online ads? Also will you be focusing on a particular industry, such as the cosmetic industry? Definitely a lot to cover.

    ReplyDelete