Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Blog 1


       My role in media would be a consumer; I use the basic and common media outlets, such as twitter, instagram, snapchat, and apple music. I never was the biggest fan of media, I was always one of the last people to get whatever the new trend was, I have always felt like there is so much more to life that I can be doing but media has taken over, its hard to even go a day without using some form of media. I also don't love media because I felt like people were not and are not using it to its potential, media has the power to connect people from all around the world and there are some media outlets wasting it on spreading the newest rumor. Don't get me wrong I find myself reading the gossip and drama too but it just seems like that has become the biggest things getting the attention in media, meanwhile we can be using these media outlets for so much more. I don't think we have fully understood yet how much power we actually have with all the different media forms, but I do think it is definitely getting better.
2016/2017 Monthly media users
I have always felt the generation I am in is very lucky because we got to live through our imaginations as children without phones and tablets constantly in our faces, and we also were becoming teens and young adults when social media was becoming popular giving us a chance to be able to grow with it. I think I was able to figure out who I was with the help of media, whereas kids now use media to find who they want to be, not who they are and what makes them special as an individual. I think I measure very little of who I am against media examples; from a young age I was able to figure out who I am and that the individuality in people is what makes them and this world so special, not only looks wise but personality and what people are going through too. Something that a lot of people forget is the things people choose to post and put out there of themselves in media is the highs and positives in their lives, so when you measure who you are against the best moments in everyone else’s lives you will always end up disappointed. 
The media fits into my life and my identity as the biggest love/ hate relationship. I always feel the need to be scrolling through twitter or instagram to see what’s happening and what people are doing, then question why I care so much? I usually then think about deleting all of my social media but I never do; it’s like a toxic relationship you can’t let go of. Other than social media, media in general will always be a huge part of everyones lives because it is everywhere, from the billboards, magazines, ads, radio and TV in most establishments. I think media has come an extremely far way from the start of radio and TV to where we are now. There are still a lot of problems that need to be worked on but its so exciting to see how far media has come and to think about where it can go from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment