Wednesday, September 5, 2018

My media

Currently, my role in media is a viewer or an audience in many different kinds of media. In our previous class, I answered “Instagram” is my favorite way to consume media. The reason I answered Instagram is because I thought it was easy to explain to the public. Instagram is by social media, but my all-time favorite media is the online comic book and in South Korea, the online comic book is called web-toon. Around the beginning of 2010, the web-toon was a hit media in South Korea, and everybody started to watch them from their computer to smartphones.

Image from www.naver.com



I learned that watching the media and creating your own media is completely two different things. For example, when you read one episode of online comic, it takes only 2 to 3 minutes. However, for that two minutes, the artists work on 7 days for day and night. Sometimes, I see some people commenting bad comments on them and I feel really bad.


For my career, I had a huge interest in becoming a web-toon designer, or web-toon related person. When you look at this website, theare is many episodes of webtoon artists and I get really inspired of my favorite artists. I am a studio art major and planning on media minor to start my career in media with art. Before the semester, I practiced my own drawing digitally for myself. I did not post them on social media, but I am planning to when my drawings are professionally done later on. Media gives huge inspirations in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment